Technology and Operations  
This forum is for discussing technological & operational matters pertaining to U-boats. 
I bought a U-boat 'Signalbuch' - it's heavy!
Posted by: Jalex ()
Date: February 21, 2017 06:59PM

Hello. I collect code & cypher systems, preferring mechanical cypher gear. For several years I exhibited in B Block at Bletchley Park. Currently I am a volunteer at The National Museum Of Computing, next door to BP' where The Colossus is operated daily. Recently I drove into Germany to buy a Signalbuch. Though I have briefly had one in my hands, I never expected to own one. This one is serial number 819, issued in Berlin 1940. Close to end of WWII the Signalbuch was removed from a sinking (?) U-boat in port by a guy with a 'Torpedoarsenal Ost' pass. He kept it. This was in Kiel? Eckernförde? With luch I will eventually receive more information .. great .. because I want to identify the U-boat. I am planning to show the Signalbuch to author Jak Showell asap. Any help or pointers gratefully accepted, shared & acknowledged. JA

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
I bought a U-boat 'Signalbuch' - it's heavy! Jalex 02/21/2017 06:59PM

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.