Warship forum  
A forum for the Allied Warships section. 
(sinking?)German Battleship Bismarck
Posted by: BOB B BUILDER ()
Date: March 26, 2005 11:45AM

I have heard a few rumors about how the Bismarck sunk but I would like to officially find out if anyone knows.

I have heard
1. That the British Battleships disabled her in the water and the Destroyer screens torpedoed her until she rolled over and sank

2. When exploreers found the wreckage of the Bismarck there were blast holes in the midship keel and the holes blasts were outwards not inwards, in other words she was scuttled by her own crew.

3. Her crew realised she was sinking and abondanded ship but later found out she was still afloat and the U-boat which picked up Bismarcks war diary sunk her. (Although i have heard that the U-boat actually had expended all her torpedos before hand).

4. The Crew abondanded ship was captured but the ship again stayed afloat and was taken over by the British but believing her to be to damaged to get back to a dry port and scuttled her (this one i don't Believe).

What is the truth if anyone knows.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
(sinking?)German Battleship Bismarck BOB B BUILDER 03/26/2005 11:45AM
Re: (sinking?)German Battleship Bismarck john 03/26/2005 06:46PM
Re: (sinking?)German Battleship Bismarck Victor Swiercz 03/28/2005 02:30AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.