Warship forum  
A forum for the Allied Warships section. 
Re: HMS Lagen
Posted by: Michael Barber ()
Date: February 06, 2014 09:33PM

Hi there David nice to hear from you I have only just logged back onto this forum and discovered your message. My father Reggie was stoker first class on the HMS Lagen when she was torpedoed. Just befor he died in 2010 he spoke to me about his time aboard the Lagen, at the time of the torpedo hitting he said that was just coming off of watch and this he said was probably what saved him as the other leading stoker was killed as he was down below. I have a photo of him with other sailors witch I believe was aboard the Lagen although it is not very clear as it has been stored away all these years untill I unearthed it along with a few other old snaps just recently after the death of my mother.
You say that you have a few snaps of the Lagen in dry dock showing the damage she suffered. I would love to have a copy if that is possable please. I also have a list of the 28 sailors killed on board the Lagen at the time if it is any use to you, if you do not already have a copy.
Kind regards Michael Barber.
My e-mail address is mickmcmad@fsmail.net

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
HMS Lagen Michael D Barber 04/29/2006 05:31PM
Re: HMS Lagen Ron C 05/01/2006 03:58PM
Re: HMS Lagen Michael D Barber 05/16/2007 10:11PM
Re: HMS Lagen David Boler 04/24/2013 04:21PM
Re: HMS Lagen Michael Barber 02/06/2014 09:33PM

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.