USS Prudent
Posted by: David DeMarkey ()
Date: January 31, 2015 11:21PM

I am writing a history of the USS Prudent (PG-96) based on what sources I have found on the US Navy corvettes, which are darned few, and my recollection of my father's anecdotes, which aren't many more.
I would like to hear from anyone who knows about USS Prudent, particularly anyone with a relative who served on her.
I am particularly interested in knowing when Capt. Oberman took over command, and his correct rank for that matter and any details anyone might have of a depth charge attack on what the crew thought was a U-boat. Evidently this incident occurred off of the New Jersey Coast. The crew thought they had sunk a U-boat however, their headquarters in New York City denied them credit. If anyone knows when this was supposed to have occurred it would help me know what dates of the deck log to request.
I am also curious to know if Prudent actually served as HMS Privet or if she was turned over to the US Navy before she was fitted out.
I am willing to share the information I have compiled with anyone researching the corvettes or relatives of the crew of the Prudent.

Subject Written By Posted
USS Prudent David DeMarkey 01/31/2015 11:21PM
Re: USS Prudent phil morgan 02/01/2015 09:49AM
Re: USS Prudent Betsy Rothe 03/09/2017 01:24AM
Re: USS Prudent cheryl skinner 12/07/2018 06:04PM