WWI forum  
World War One discussions. 
Re: The Russian Fleet
Posted by: Michael Lowrey ()
Date: August 18, 2008 08:38PM

James,

I'm currently working to upgrade the ship hit section. Basically, this is a multistep process that will add more detail, catch any ships that should be in the database but aren't and delete entries that shouldn't be in there.

Right now, the focus is on working through steamers of 300+ grt that were sunk. I'm working through these by year built, and comparing my database and the uboat.net database to various sources. Am through 1874 - 1899, 1903, 1910, and 1915 - 1918.

After that, I'll work through the steamers of 300+ grt that were damaged. Once all that is good to go, I'll work through everything else.

Some comments:

ZEMLYA just got added in.

Malorossija was damaged only, also will be added in shortly.

Dageo goes in when I do 1912.

UB 42, October 10, 1917: This one has come up before: Can't create UB 42 till the ship hit is identified. And that's been problem, to my knowledge no one has been able to figure exactly what UB 42 hit (if anything at all).

Carica -- is this the same as CZARITA? [www.uboat.net]

Most unidentified ships sunk are NOT in the uboat.net database yet. We will only add in what are sure sinkings -- basically small sailing and fishing vessels with the sinking being claimed in a KTB. The only reason we'll do so is becuase the records of those ships are incomplete/unavailable/not well researched etc. There are some Greek. Italian, French, and Portugese ones that need to be added in as well. These will probably be added all at once at the end of the process with whatever details we have.

I do have some more details on the small Black Sea ships sunk. PM if interested.

Best wishes,
Michael

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
The Russian Fleet James Pratt 08/18/2008 02:35PM
Re: The Russian Fleet Michael Lowrey 08/18/2008 08:38PM
Re: The Russian Fleet James Pratt 08/20/2008 03:18PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.