WWI forum  
World War One discussions. 
Re: UB 119
Posted by: Oliver Lörscher ()
Date: September 13, 2009 10:10AM

Hi Pam,

just by chance I have the complete wording of UB 119's order.

Reason: One of the crew, U-Maschinisten-Anwärter Etteldorf, was from the suburb I'm living and the chronicler for my suburb contacted me as he found out (by chance of course) that I'm researching WW I submarine operations !

Peter Friedrich Etteldorf
was born on 29.06.1900 in Euren near Trier. On 01.10.1917 he joined the Kaiserliche Marine voluntarily with II. Werftsdivision, Wilhelmshaven. Afterwards he joined the U-Schule and than UB 119. With his 18th birthday still to come he was the youngest fallen from this suburb (at that time it still was an independent village).

The order for UB 119 as per KTB:
Auftrag: Handelskrieg in der nördlichen Nordsee, nach eigenem Ermessen bis Nordküste Irland, Nordkanal und Nordteil der Irischen See ausdehen. Falls Operation bis Nordkanal ausgedehnt wird, soll von westlich Schottland eine entsprechende FT-Meldung gemacht werden, da Besatzung noch nicht vollständig geschult.

Translation:
Order: Commercial war in the northern North Sea, to expand at own discretionary to the northcoast of Ireland, North Channel and northern part of the Irish Sea. If operation was expanded to the North Channel, you should report accordingly by wireless from an position at the west of Scotland, as the crew still isn't completely trained.

Oliver

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
UB 119 Clio 09/05/2009 03:36PM
Re: UB 119 Oliver Lörscher 09/13/2009 10:10AM
Re: UB 119 Clio 09/14/2009 05:02AM
Re: UB 119 Oliver Lörscher 09/14/2009 09:20PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.