WWI forum  
World War One discussions. 
Eyes on bow or stern
Posted by: jwilliams ()
Date: February 24, 2016 12:19AM

Hi Everybody,

I was so happy to find this forum in the hopes that you U-boat enthusiasts might be able to assist me in a rather esoteric question.

I am currently writing a book concerning G.C.C. Damant, the salvage of the gold aboard the "Laurentic" and his involvement with the "Tin-openers" during the First World War in which his divers entered U-boat wrecks to obtain codes and ciphers for the British Naval Intelligence Division.

I am working on a scene involving the "UB-33." In my description of the U-boat, I have a secondary source which says that on the bows of the boat was a painted eye meant to mean "I see and conquer." However, in the primary source material written by Damant he says that there are eyes painted on the stern. Could Damant have written stern by accident since it seems more proper for an eye to be painted on the bow. Any insight into this little factoid would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe Williams

Author page:

[www.amazon.com]

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Eyes on bow or stern jwilliams 02/24/2016 12:19AM
Re: Eyes on bow or stern Freddy01 02/24/2016 01:50PM
Re: Eyes on bow or stern jwilliams 02/24/2016 02:28PM
Re: Eyes on bow or stern Freddy01 02/25/2016 07:42AM
Re: Eyes on bow or stern jwilliams 02/25/2016 03:51PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.