General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: German translators needed
Posted by: Ivan Stephens ()
Date: November 01, 2001 01:20AM

<HTML>Glad that you enjoy my site!

Kuppisch letter reads as follows:
"Dear gracious Fräulein!
I would like to sincerly thank you for your congratulations to my, by help of the necessary luck-in-war, achieved successes in the "Moray-Firth". It's always a particular pleasure to see that we are being acocompanied by the thoughts and wishes of the ones back home on our runs against england.Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to compete against our main enemy at once, due to having to put in order a new, large U-Boot, which needs a certain time to make the crew getting used to it. But I hope we'll be ready soon to resume assistance in breaking down the english empire.
With best regards,
(Herbert Kuppisch)"

Endrass letter:
"Dear comrades!

I would like to sincerely thank you all for the infinite amount of congratulations to my bestowal of the Ritterkreuz of the E.K. It has been a special pleasure to see, that so many were thinking of me and wishing me all the best for my forthcoming rides. Unfortunately, it is impossible for me to write to every single one, as I would like to, but since there were so many being happy of the success of my boat, I'd be writing 14 days in order to answer all.
Not me alone, but all of my crew, my steady helpers, have been awarded by this, and I am proud of wearing it representative for all of them.
We always like going out again, knowing that you are with us in your minds. Out there, we are simply doing our duty, and we are proud to be a member of the finest weapon, the Ubootswaffe, giving our lot to the downfall of our enemy and the end of the war.
@#$%&!
(Endrass)"

Wilhelm Rollman letter:
"Dear Fräulein von Klenck(?)
Be assured of my best thanks for your good whishes and friendly greetings. Furthermore, you shall receive a small picture for your help.
With best regards and @#$%&
(Wilhelm Rollmann)"

Your guess is as good as mine on the Karl Thurmann letter! If anyone can decipher it, please email me.

Thanks!</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Intersting U-boat site Dave McQueen 10/31/2001 10:28PM
German translators needed Dave McQueen 10/31/2001 10:46PM
Re: German translators needed Ivan Stephens 11/01/2001 01:20AM
Thanx Ivan Dave McQueen 11/01/2001 01:33AM
Re: Thanx Ivan Ivan Stephens 11/01/2001 02:01AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.