General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: Is SH II worth $20
Date: November 18, 2001 04:33AM

<HTML>Mike...

I bought SHII about 4 days ago and it is my first sub sim game ever.

I LOVE IT!! It is extremely realistic. I've only done the training missions to get a feel on handling etc and to practice for when I go hunting for real with "wasserbomb" potential. It cost me $39 at Best Buy and I would highly recommend this game to all here on the Forum.

The graphics are pretty stunning. After my most recent training mission, instead of returning to Wilhemshaven as the mission says, I passed on by and went to Kiel and low and behold when I went up on the conning tower as I got close, I saw about a dozen U-Boat Pens and I manuevered my Uboat (U-37) into one of them and when I got in there, you can kind of look around. It was really something. These guys have really done their homework on this game.

I have my crew speaking German for the authenticity of it all, but my messages come in at the bottom in English. I have found however, that not all messages are translated. Better know a little Deutsch...

The ocean moves your sighting (either UZO or Binocs) with the waves and its realistic in that you have to have a steady hand to aim at your target and shoot your fish at the ships.

Of course, you all may know this from other games or even previous editions of this game, but I'm so very impressed with this and really can't wait to get some time to go out on my first mission with the Kriegsmarine.

Pat</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Is SH II worth $20 Mike 11/18/2001 02:13AM
Re: Is SH II worth $20 Captain Patrick Lane 11/18/2001 04:33AM
Re: Is SH II worth $20 Torlef 11/18/2001 07:06AM
Re: Is SH II worth $20 Cotizo Draia 11/18/2001 07:27PM
Re: Is SH II worth $20 Mike 11/18/2001 09:06PM
yes Dave McQueen 11/19/2001 08:12AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.