General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: Virus
Date: November 28, 2001 10:25AM

<HTML>
Hmm, one thing I need to clarify here: uboat.net is NOT sending ANY virus e-mails from itself. Trust me on that.

There is however a constant threat of your computer getting a virus is you are not careful (throwing out the useless Outlook mail client would be a great start since the most famous viruses/worms roaming around recently have used its rather extensive weaknesses) - but the most basic rule is not to open anything you are not expecting or are familiar with.

... and virus scan your machine as regularly as your breakfast (skipping either can lead to bad health for the host haha) :)

I am now getting a long series of virus e-mails that you guys do not seem to be getting (or I might have missed a message about it). Who is sending me those viruses? People I have been in contact with regarding uboat.net (i.e. people who have me in their address books) - all of those e-mails have the subject of "Re: ". I throw them out (6 just this morning).

Annoying but little one can do about it as such, there is always someone who is "infected" and is gonna "send" us e-mail. Some people are still sending out the Melissa worm even. I don't blame the users "sending" me this stuff, they are having this same problem themselves.

... so, let's not snap about any of this, but be careful.

Gudmundur Helgason
[uboat.net<];

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Virus Ron 11/27/2001 07:51PM
Re: Virus Captain George W. Duffy 11/27/2001 08:33PM
Re: Virus kpp 11/27/2001 10:06PM
Re: Virus Werner Frank 11/28/2001 09:36PM
Re: Virus kpp 11/28/2001 10:29PM
Re: Virus Werner Frank 11/30/2001 12:13AM
Re: Virus J.T. McDaniel 11/27/2001 10:23PM
Re: Virus Captain George W. Duffy 11/28/2001 01:47AM
Re: Virus james stewart 11/28/2001 06:51AM
Re: Virus Gudmundur Helgason 11/28/2001 10:25AM
Re: Virus Siri 11/29/2001 01:54AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.