General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Japanese I-boat Merchants in French Ports
Date: February 07, 2010 05:37PM

I am currently pursuing technical questions regarding I-boat details and the few Japanese origin photos that seem to exist are often of poor quality.

At least one good quality photo was taken by the kriegesmarine sailors or kriegsbereichteren of I-30 during her visit to Lorient on August 6th,1942. It appears on page 102 of the old Time-Life "War Under the Pacific" volume in their large format WWII series books. There must have been others. Does anyone out there know if I may still find them?

I-30 was a B-1 Class I-boat and I am particularly interested in the details of the aircraft storage tube (or hangar) in front of the conning tower and the aircraft catapult. If pictures exist of the exchanged war materials being loaded or unloaded from this area, they would be a great help to me.

Thanks for your interest and possible assistance,

Greg

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Japanese I-boat Merchants in French Ports I-Boat Interloper 02/07/2010 05:37PM
Re: Japanese I-boat Merchants in French Ports ROBERT M. 02/07/2010 08:49PM
Re: Japanese I-boat Merchants in French Ports I-Boat Interloper 02/07/2010 09:39PM
Re: Japanese I-boat Merchants in French Ports ROBERT M. 02/08/2010 05:19AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.