General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
U271
Posted by: nick ()
Date: February 13, 2010 12:33PM

Sometime ago i was very lucky to be able to speak to the person which dropped the bombs on U271 which sunk on the 28-01-1944, The interview was record and i have the copy rights to the recording.

As some of you will know that U271 also shot down a B24 on the 24th of June 1943 which was flying out of Newfoundland killing all the crew of the B24. At the time the USN said that the plane also sunk the U-Boat at the same time as the B24 was shot down.

Two of the crew members of the B24 which U271 shot down was very good friends to the crew men which dropped the bomb and sunk U271, It was not to over 60 years later did he find out that he had sunk the U-Boat which killed two very good friends of his.

Sometime ago i did upload a small clip of the interview which i did, there is some footage with it, When i have time i will get the rest of the interview and all the footage we have uploaded.

You can view the footage here : [www.vimeo.com]

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U271 nick 02/13/2010 12:33PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.