General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
George J. Dasch - Abwehr - Uboat 202
Posted by: Don MacAngus ()
Date: December 13, 2001 04:36PM

<HTML>Hello,

I am a researcher at the University of Utah in the United States.

I am looking into the case of the Operation Pastorius members of the Abwehr mission who came to America in 1942 aboard U-boat 202.

I am interested in the fate of leader George John Dasch, who was returned to Germany along with his second in command, Eric Burger around 1948.

I know that Dasch wrote a book about his experience called Eight Spies Against America, which was published in 1957. I have read this book, and am aware that he continued to persue a return to America, but was never allowed to do so.

I am aware that he was interviewed in the German media (Stern magazine, I beleive) as recently as1993.

I would like to find out if he is still alive. He would have to be nearly 100 today, as he was 37 in 1942.

If anyone has any information, please help me to locate this man, or to discover if he is alive in Germany.

Thank you,

Don MacAngus
Salt Lake City, Utah

--

Don't forget to come for the Winter Olympics in Februray!</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
George J. Dasch - Abwehr - Uboat 202 Don MacAngus 12/13/2001 04:36PM
Re: George J. Dasch - Abwehr - Uboat 202 Leon C. Gall 12/13/2001 08:58PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.