General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
U-776
Posted by: xpz67 ()
Date: January 06, 2010 10:05PM

Hi guys.

Several years ago I bought the captains binocular from U-776. I have proof that they are what they say because this was one of the U-boats that were peraded around the Uk after the war to show people what a U-Boat was like.

The binocular is in superb condition with all the rubber in good condition, the optics perfect and the case in almost original condition apart from a small part of the locking leather strap having fallen off. I keep them in my car as they are most comfortable binocular I have ever owned.

However, this is not the reason for sending this message.

At the same time when buying these binoculars it was accompanied by mounted metal plaque which says on the back that it was taken from the conning tower 0f U-776.

Now, I didn't know that U-Boats had there numbers on the side of there conning tower. Is this correct and do any of you have a picture to prove it?

I would welcome any input from you experts as my knowledge of U-Boats is less than yours.

Thank you very much.

xpz67.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-776 xpz67 01/06/2010 10:05PM
Re: U-776 Uwe W. 01/07/2010 01:37AM
Re: U-776 xpz67 01/07/2010 02:26PM
Re: U-776 xpz67 01/07/2010 08:28PM
Re: U-776 zach southern 08/27/2010 08:19AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.