General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
U-boat surrender articles - check them out
Posted by: gummi ()
Date: September 04, 2010 12:41PM

Good day folks :)

Just wanted to bring to your attention the great work Derek Waller has been doing on the German U-boat surrenders in 1945. They fit nicely into recent discussion on this forum about the real truth in the matter. We have 4 articles already on the matter;

U-Boats that Surrendered - "Operation Thankful"
U-Boats that Surrendered - "Operation Cabal"
U-Boats that Surrendered - Narvik
U-Boats that Surrendered - UK

See them all at [uboat.net].

At the same time he and Dr. Axel Niestlé are working on "the list" of German U-boat surrenders, fixing many common mistakes and myths in the process. Much of that work is in the articles above already.

When the list is finalized in the very near future I will update uboat.net's records to match the list (we have already fixed some minor things like I had 8 May as the surrender date in Norway but it was generally 9 May).

I am also working on a new map to help illustrate what happened and where (boat positions on 4 May 1945.

PS: I don't always watch these forums so if you absolutely need to bring something to my attention don't hesitate to e-mail me :)

Gudmundur Helgason
gummi@uboat.net
[uboat.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2010 08:29PM by gummi.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-boat surrender articles - check them out gummi 09/04/2010 12:41PM
Re: U-boat surrender articles - check them out barinasboy 09/16/2010 11:13AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.