General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: U-995 Patch
Posted by: C.Evans ()
Date: January 09, 2002 06:25PM

<HTML>Hi Woody-sorry it took me so long to get back here.

I got my patch from one of the venders next to the street and on the beach. I paid I think about 12DM for it. It shows the U 995 tower insignia the little people in red and in blue. I had also bought another uboat related patch that was in the shape of a shield and had a castle and also Kiel on it.

The person who broke into my apartment not only took the patch, but my Nikon Camera, some money and a bottle of Tums.

Thanks for the sympathies. I might be able to get some more patches of U 995. One of my best uboat vet/friends, often visits Laboe and stays with one of his uboat comrades there in his vacation home. I already emailed him about seeing if he can get a u 995 patch for me or an address to get them at, and he said he would gladly visit the venders for me. He will let me know when he goes there to vacation and I will make a posting here for you if he can find anything out.

By the way, my uboat vet/friend is a German Cross in Gold Recipient and a U 181 vet-as is his comrade.

Some good news for you, they do have or someone did have, a U 181 patch that had been made. I dont have one but will inquire around and see if I can find one. I think this patch has the 2nd U-Flottile insignia on it.</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-995 Patch WOODY 01/05/2002 03:22PM
Re: U-995 Patch Carl. 01/05/2002 09:00PM
Re: U-995 Patch WOODY 01/07/2002 10:31AM
Re: U-995 Patch C.Evans 01/09/2002 06:25PM
Re: U-9 flottile patches now here.. chris lee 01/09/2002 11:03PM
Re: U-995 Patch WOODY 01/09/2002 11:41PM
Re: U-995 Patch carl 01/10/2002 09:41PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.