General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: Please not again, But...
Posted by: Oscar Bustamante ()
Date: March 29, 2002 03:10AM

<HTML>Rainer, Its Oscar again:
: Seems that you know much more than Diesel Engines.
Two months ago, I saw on a Colombian newspaper, that the survivors and/or relatives of the Sailboats sunk by the U 505 and probably other german U Boats, are suing the German Government in order to ask for indemizations.
Those sailboats ( usually two or three mast cargo vessels) did a regular trafic between Cartagena Colombia and the Island of San Andres, (colombian territory), but located close to the Nicaragua coast on the Caribbean, at 400 NM out of Cartagena,
Those boats were absolutely not presenting any value or risk to the Subs.
Recently, the German Gov has been losing trials were civilians loses were caused. Anyone knows any further news ?
Please search U 505 on this forums, and there were some people asking the name of the Sailboats etc, so something is in the air.
If you visit some nice and hidden bays at the Colombian north Coast, some old fishermans will tell you histories about friendly supply of fresh water, bananas and fish to the tired U Boat crews. I doubt that Reichmarks of no convertibility were accepted back.
Anyway, the Colombian Navy claims one U Boat sunk. Never comfirmed that I know</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Hidden bases, S America, Antarctica Kit 03/28/2002 01:08PM
Re: Please not again Rainer Bruns 03/28/2002 02:02PM
Re: Please not again, But... Oscar Bustamante 03/29/2002 03:10AM
Re: Bases is South America... Oscar Bustamante 03/29/2002 03:26AM
I know more fiction story... :) Yuri IL'IN 03/29/2002 04:28AM
Re: I know more fiction story... :) Jeff 03/29/2002 11:22PM
Re: I know more fiction story... :) Ralph Langley 04/01/2002 10:32PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.