General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Bletchley Park visit
Posted by: Fiona ()
Date: January 08, 2001 03:04PM

<HTML>Hello MPC and fellow crewmates

I was very interested to see your posting about the Bletchley Park visit - I hope I can make it this time !! My efforts to get there in November were thwarted by lack of any trains from the South West of England to, well, anywhere really. Hopefully things will be back to \'normal\' by March - but you never know!!
I have been away from the Forum for a while, due to a family bereavement which has taken me a while to get over, but it has done me the world of good to follow the postings from everyone else. I\'d like to say Hello to Ying, nice to have another girl on the Forum!! Most of my recent postings have been on the Model Forum, and since I have completed my U-47 model I am in need of something else to build!
Bye for now, I am still reading my way through \'10 Years and 20 Days\'
Warm regards,
Fiona

MPC wrote:
-------------------------------
For those within range, Jak Mallmann Showell is hoping to arrange a showing or two of the German wartime film \\\"U-Boats Westwarts\\\" sometime about the end of March/beginning of April. I understand that special equipment might have to be hired to be able to show this film so there is likely to be an additional charge on top of the £5.00 entrance to B.P. Depending on numbers it shouldnt break the bank. I did enquire about getting some copies of the film done on video and some of the proceeds going towards the U-boat Archive. That will have to be looked into as to who, or what organisation owns the copyright (if any still exists) to the film.

There was also mention of a possible meeting of U-boat fans in Cuxhaven about the end of May. (Fin not too far from Berlin if your there but, Ying *sigh* such a long hike! )

More info as and when it becomes known
MPC</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Bletchley Park - again MPC 01/04/2001 08:04PM
RE: Bletchley Park - again Ying 01/05/2001 08:41AM
RE: Bletchley Park - again Fin Bonset 01/05/2001 01:32PM
RE: Will keep you informed MPC 01/05/2001 11:35PM
RE: Bletchley Park - again Ying 01/06/2001 07:27AM
RE: Bletchley Park - again MPC 01/05/2001 11:12PM
RE: Bletchley Park - again Ying 01/06/2001 07:28AM
RE: Bletchley Park - again Frank 01/05/2001 03:57PM
RE: Bletchley Park - again MPC 01/05/2001 11:17PM
RE: Bletchley Park - again Joe Brennan 01/06/2001 06:57AM
RE: Do what I can MPC 01/06/2001 10:37AM
RE: Bletchley Park - again Frank 01/06/2001 07:20AM
Bletchley Park visit Fiona 01/08/2001 03:04PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.