General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Haiti Sub Wreck Redux
Posted by: Steve Cooper ()
Date: November 29, 2000 08:49PM

<HTML>David J. Schumacher was good enough to send me copies of the photos he has of the suspected wreck in Haiti. This is odder than I though, and it started out pretty weird. The object in the photo appears to be a military-type sub, i.e.. long, thin, pointed on both ends and a conning tower. Also, I have seen an aerial photo that I identified the object as a sub. A wrecked sub in the surf zone off Haiti is weird enough, but the real problem is the size. By my best SWAG (Scientific Wild Ass Guess) the object in the photo is about 70 foot long with a 50% margin of error. This is way too short for any standard submarine. The craft it most resembles is the Japanese 2-man sub. (As I hear the howls of derision) I am not saying it is a Japanese 2-Man sub, I am saying that if you took a 2-man sub and sunk it there, it would look like that. </HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Haiti Sub Wreck Redux Steve Cooper 11/29/2000 08:49PM
RE: Haiti Sub Wreck Redux William Engel 11/30/2000 10:14AM
to: David J. Schumacher Steve Cooper 11/30/2000 01:00PM
RE: to: David J. Schumacher David J. Schumacher 12/11/2000 10:53PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.