General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Questions regarding Prien
Posted by: Jakob Baumer ()
Date: September 11, 2006 05:39PM

Hello,

I have many questions to ask regarding Prien:

1) What convoy battles was he involved in? (I did read from this site: HX 72, HX 79, and SC 2) - but what others?

(I came across the title 'Donitz and the Wolf Packs' and wondered if any would recommend it - with regards to the above. I do have 'HX 72: The First Convoy to Die' and really do like the book.)

2) Where can I get 'full length' footage of Prien (and U-47)? (I have seen clips, but I'm looking for the 'full length' on DVD or VHS).

3) Where can I find more photos of Prien when he was younger? (I have seen some on u47.org and that was all)

I'm asking these questions because I'm putting together a private collection on U47 and Prien.

(FYI - I live in the U.S., therefore it is more difficult for me to obtain certain material that is generally easier for others in places like Europe.)

*I'm using the library's computer until the home PC is fixed, so if I don't reply right away, that is why.

Thanks,

Jakob

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Questions regarding Prien Jakob Baumer 09/11/2006 05:39PM
Re: Questions regarding Prien Dougie 09/11/2006 09:44PM

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.