General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: Koop\\\'s book
Posted by: Joe Brandt ()
Date: April 07, 2001 01:27PM

<HTML>Does it include pictures of U-boats in action ? Several on each page ! This is a great action packed book , but it is about U-boats getting strafed , machine gunned , bombed and sinking . Unlike other books that show the U-boats in their heyday or better times this shows them when on the tide of the war changed for them and they where the hunted and not the hunters. here are many pictures of U-boats in dry dock that came back with heavy depth charge damage or damage to the bridge from machine gun fire etc. There are also many pictures of scuttled U-boats with big holes in their sides blown outward , indicating that they had used their scuttling charges. A must have book for anyone interested in U-boats . The only thing I do not like about the book is the somewhat poor picture quality , I have seen some of the same pictures in other books and they looked better than in this book ! of course many pictures are not very clear do to the war time battle conditions that they were taken under. If you purchase this book I am certain that you will be very happy with it , it is in German I hope you do read German !</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Koop\'s book Marc Haldimann 04/07/2001 07:54AM
RE: Koop\\\'s book Joe Brandt 04/07/2001 01:27PM
RE: Koop\\\\\\\'s book Marc Haldimann 04/07/2001 01:58PM
RE: Koop\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s book Joe Brandt 04/07/2001 07:50PM
RE: Koop\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s book Torlef 04/08/2001 12:23AM
RE: Koop\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ joe brandt 04/08/2001 12:46AM
RE: Koop\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Marc Haldimann 04/08/2001 10:04AM
RE: Koop\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Torlef 04/08/2001 02:40PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.