General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Post-traumatic Stress Disorder in submariners
Posted by: Kate ()
Date: April 17, 2001 12:22AM

<HTML>Hi everyone,

I am curious whether anyone has some information on the occurence of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (\"PTSD\") among U-Boat men or submariners in general?

I am currently researching a term paper for my psychology course, and I\'m focusing on PTSD among combat veterans. Those who served on submarines would probably be at risk for the ailment as much as any other veterans, but I have not found any research published concerning PTSD in U-Boat men or even American submariners.

I would appreciate any input and knowledge on the subject you could offer. If you even happen to know any books/publications (in English) that touch on PTSD among submariners, I would appreciate a reference. Who knows--I may even cite the material in my paper, and you would be in my debt. :-)

If anyone is not quite clear on the specifics of PTSD, I\'d be happy to provide some background. Thanks for your consideration and input.

Best wishes,
Kate</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Post-traumatic Stress Disorder in submariners Kate 04/17/2001 12:22AM
RE: Post-traumatic Stress Disorder in submariners Capt. George W. Duffy 04/17/2001 02:47PM
RE: Post-traumatic Stress Disorder in submariners Capt. George W. Duffy 04/17/2001 05:56PM
Thanks! Kate 04/17/2001 07:13PM
RE: also known as Shell Shock or LMF MPC 04/17/2001 08:55PM
RE: also known as Shell Shock or LMF Capt. George W. Duffy 04/17/2001 09:40PM
RE: also known as Shell Shock or LMF James Stewart 04/17/2001 10:49PM
RE: also known as Shell Shock or LMF Craig McLean 04/18/2001 12:51AM
Re: RE: also known as Shell Shock or LMF WaianaeDon 10/29/2014 06:07PM
RE: also known as Shell Shock or LMF JG 04/18/2001 01:50PM
\&quot;And No Birds Sang\&quot; AL Wellman 04/18/2001 02:34AM
RE: \\\&quot;And No Birds Sang\\\&quot; Kate 04/18/2001 04:21PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.