General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: POW graves in Kansas, USA, etc...
Posted by: Craig McLean ()
Date: May 01, 2001 04:04PM

<HTML>Hi again, Yngvi!

Well, I finally found the old posting on the 14 graves at Ft.Leavenworth and see it was you who first provided the link to the gravesites!! And I now see what I missed before, the little tombstone icon that indicates a photo is available---and I see these photos are much clearer and better than my own!!

The summary of the murders committed by the 7 non-U-boat POWs is still inconclusive. Where these men murdered for helping the Americans or were these simply cold-blooded murders for less-than-noble reasons?

Whereas Whittingham wrote about the 7 U-boat men and not the others, I suspect the other 7 were involved in simple cold-blooded murders. But I will have to look for the book you mentioned (Extreme Justice?) to see what the full stories are.

Thanks!

Craig

From \"Martial Justice: The Last Mass Execution in the United States\" I got the brief info about the other 7 (8--counting Menschner, whose death sentence was finally commuted) in my previous posting, but that was about the extent of the details in that particular book. Most of the book, of course, is devoted to the U-boat men\'s story.</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
POW graves in Kansas, USA, etc... Craig McLean 04/30/2001 01:06AM
RE: POW graves in Kansas, USA, etc... Yngvi 04/30/2001 02:31PM
RE: POW graves in Kansas, USA, etc... Craig McLean 05/01/2001 03:25PM
RE: POW graves in Kansas, USA, etc... Craig McLean 05/01/2001 04:04PM
more information Craig McLean 05/01/2001 05:15PM
RE: more information Yngvi 05/01/2001 11:39PM
RE: more information Craig McLean 05/02/2001 01:19AM
RE: more information Yngvi 05/02/2001 12:06PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.