General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: MPC and Ying???
Posted by: Fin Bonset ()
Date: December 08, 2000 12:58PM

<HTML>Hi Ying!!!

First of all, good to see you\'re back and that you got to see the famous Mr. Popov. He\'s certainly amazing.

I have some interesting thoughts and things to share with you. I am currently on an H-1B visa myselft (I\'m a Dutch/Aruban citizen)and it took a lot of trouble to get it too. It\'s a ridiculous process and yes, the Consulate people can be quite disrespectful. I went through Caracas, Venezuela and they didn\'t even bother to speak English to me (this was not that big of a problem since my Spanish is very good, but still...).

The H-1B visa is easiest to get if you have a specialty occupation. In other words you have to prove to them that you have a skill that not very many Americans have. The best way to get this Visa is to go through a Lawyer. It is actually worth it believe it or not. I have a friend that works at one of these consulates and he told me that they take all the applications made through lawyers first and give them preference over others. If you can find a company in the U.S. that will sponsor your visa, this would also give you a much better chance, especially with the entrance or future entrance of China into the World Trade Organization. In addition, I think your English is perfect and you should use that as a basis as well.

Ying, that is all the advice I can give you. I would definitely keep on fighting. You HAVE the right to a higher education! I suggest looking for a company that wants to sponsor you in the U.S. and then proceed from there. That is what I did. With an official letter from such a company and the involvement of a specialty lawyer will give you an excellent chance.

With your talents I don\'t understand why they won\'t give you the light of day. If only they knew :-)

Let me know if I can be of anymore assistance. I have a lot of experience with this. I\'m just not completely sure how one would go about it in China.

Sorry about this off-topic post everyone but I didn\'t have Ying\'s e-mail and I wanted to reply directly.

Hope all is well, let me know how things turn out when you back to the Consulate.

Best as always,

Fin Bonset

</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
MPC and Ying??? Fin Bonset 12/06/2000 08:16PM
RE: MPC and Ying??? mike 12/06/2000 11:31PM
RE: MPC and Ying??? Ralph 12/07/2000 02:41AM
RE: MPC and Ying??? Fin Bonset 12/07/2000 12:19PM
RE: MPC and Ying??? Craig McLean 12/07/2000 10:00PM
RE: MPC and Ying??? Fin Bonset 12/08/2000 12:34PM
RE: MPC and Ying??? Fin Bonset 12/07/2000 12:20PM
RE: MPC and Ying??? MPC 12/07/2000 01:13PM
RE: MPC and Ying??? Craig McLean 12/08/2000 02:13AM
RE: MPC and Ying??? Fin Bonset 12/08/2000 12:37PM
RE: MPC and Ying??? Ying 12/08/2000 03:11AM
RE: MPC and Ying??? Fin Bonset 12/08/2000 12:58PM
RE: MPC and Ying??? j harvey 12/08/2000 01:30PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.