General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: RAF COASTAL COMMAND AIRCRAFT IN GIBRALTAR
Posted by: Funkmeister ()
Date: December 29, 2007 02:25PM

Hello Jan7 and all!
No, I am not a German. I just have naval rank equals to the rank of Funkmeister in Kriegsmarine.
For those who are not familiar with "radio ham vocabulary", DX means long distant radio communications. "73" sounds preety good when typed in Morse.
About U-boat long long way off radio communications, they used some merchant marine coastal radio stations for the radio communications on High Frequency (Short Waves).
For example, U-boats in the Indian ocean communicated with Germany via well known and excellent German merchant marine coastal radio station Norddeich Radio. Also, U-boats which navigated to Japan, were instructed to communicate with Tokyo Radio or Chosi Radio, two excellent Japanese coastal radio stations.
Because of it, on one U-boat (which I found information) specially trained "Debeg" radio operator was embarked. He was trained in international merchant marine radio procedure.
Again, sorry because use this topic for something completelly different :)
Best regards to all of you! Happy and prosperious New 2008!
Funkmeister

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
RAF COASTAL COMMAND AIRCRAFT IN GIBRALTAR ATHABASKAN 10/06/2007 12:38PM
Re: RAF COASTAL COMMAND AIRCRAFT IN GIBRALTAR Platon Alexiades 10/06/2007 03:32PM
Re: RAF COASTAL COMMAND AIRCRAFT IN GIBRALTAR Jan7 12/29/2007 08:06AM
Re: RAF COASTAL COMMAND AIRCRAFT IN GIBRALTAR Funkmeister 12/29/2007 08:37AM
Re: RAF COASTAL COMMAND AIRCRAFT IN GIBRALTAR Jan7 12/29/2007 10:27AM
Re: RAF COASTAL COMMAND AIRCRAFT IN GIBRALTAR Funkmeister 12/29/2007 02:25PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.