General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: Anyone hear from Fin
Posted by: Fin Bonset ()
Date: June 25, 2001 01:30PM

<HTML>Hello friends,

Wow, thank you all so much for asking about me. I feel honored :-) I certainly consider all of you guys good friends!

Well, Rainer and MPC definitely hit the nail on the head. I\'ve been recovering for about a week! It wasn\'t just the crazy time in the islands but it was also the wonderful surprise of two deadlines that shifted a week forward that had me wrapped up at work. I worked the last weekend and week (total of 120 hours) to cope with these things. So I had to work hard to balance off the vacation I took. It was worth it though, the memories of the islands pulled me through it. I guess that\'s consulting work for you.

With regard to the U-boat museum. I do apologize for not checking it out. I guess my mind was elsewhere. But, I\'m going back in July and again in August (once for business once for pleasure) and I will definitely check it out. I did find out one thing: the museum is also a general Navy museum and it is located in an area close to where my girl friend lives. So next time, I\'m there.

Work has finally slowed down, so I will definitely be contributing again. I have been able to catch up on all the threads and I have enjoyed all the topics so far. Thanks to all for the always very interesting info. Kudos to John Griffith for the anti-flame post.

Walt, I did find some other interesting things about the u-boat war in Aruba. I am still in the process of putting something formal together. Ken Dunn has found some interesting articles from actual newspapers on those days and I will definitely include that in there. I still have your e-mail so I will send it to you and everyone else who\'s interested once its complete. Give me a little time though. I do know that there are some inaccuracies in the book \"U-boat War in the Caribbean\".

Anyway, thank you all for the well wishes and interest. It is really good to know that I have such good friends in here. I wish you all the best and I will of course look forward to future topics from everyone.

Best wishes,

Fin

P.S. Trinidad rum is pretty darn good. Rainer, don\'t worry, my primary mission is still my primary mission. But to get the ready for the primary mission, I had to make sure that everything was in order and in the right place to be able to plan future missions :-)

P.S.S. Thanks Captain Duffy and others who have such good memories of their earlier times. Listen, to me you are all still young at heart! I can only hope that I am living the way you guys did back then!

P.S.S.S Happy belated Birthday Ying! I was unaware it was recently :-) MPC, you have to tell me these things mate! :-)
</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Anyone hear from Fin Walt 06/22/2001 06:57PM
RE: Anyone hear from Fin Rainer Bruns 06/22/2001 07:06PM
RE: Anyone hear from Fin MPC 06/22/2001 07:26PM
RE: Anyone hear from Fin Rainer Bruns 06/22/2001 07:31PM
RE: Anyone hear from Fin MPC 06/22/2001 07:32PM
RE: Anyone hear from Fin Capt. George W. Duffy 06/22/2001 09:50PM
RE: Anyone hear from Fin? Joe Brennan 06/23/2001 12:51AM
RE: Anyone hear from Fin? Rainer Bruns 06/23/2001 01:07AM
RE: Anyone hear from Fin? Joe Brennan 06/23/2001 01:49AM
RE: Anyone hear from Fin? Torlef 06/24/2001 04:57AM
RE: Anyone hear from Fin? Fin Bonset 06/25/2001 01:34PM
RE: Anyone hear from Fin? Frank Blazich 06/24/2001 02:07PM
RE: Anyone hear from Fin? Fin Bonset 06/25/2001 01:32PM
RE: Anyone hear from Fin? Fin Bonset 06/25/2001 01:30PM
RE: Anyone hear from Fin Fin Bonset 06/25/2001 01:30PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.