General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Gurkha Soldiers
Posted by: MPC ()
Date: March 22, 2008 08:06PM

I hope you will all forgive me for this very off topic posting.

Only the British can sign the petition so I hope all of you from other countries will not mind this posting as it does help to reach a wider audience.

The British Government has denied any ex-Gurkha soldier who retired before 1997 the right to stay in this country. I won't go into all the details, but I do believe that they should be allowed to stay here if they so desire.

They are without doubt the World's Finest Fighting Soldiers who have served the British Crown since about 1815. They have struck fear into the hearts of their eniemies in both World Wars and many other smaller wars and have won 26 Victoria Crosses.

[petitions.pm.gov.uk]

Gudmundur, moderators and all of you overseas please understand - this is a subject very dear to the hearts of a lot of British service and ex-service men and women.

Hope you all have a good Easter break,
With my best wishes,
MPC (yes an ex-serviceman)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Gurkha Soldiers MPC 03/22/2008 08:06PM
Re: Gurkha Soldiers Bruce Dennis 03/22/2008 08:10PM
Re: Gurkha Soldiers Funkmeister 03/23/2008 07:40AM
Re: Gurkha Soldiers Albert Bruce 03/25/2008 02:25PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.