General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Accessing Inside of U-Boat Bunkers In France/Germany
Posted by: Kevin M. Pearson ()
Date: August 07, 2008 02:28PM

I have done considerable research in trying to gain inside access to the U-Boat Bunkers in France and Germany for my upcoming trip in November. Some of the Bunkers are open to the public, some are not. Anything is possible if you know the right people. Can anyone help me by providing me with contact information for anyone who could get me in the bunkers? Names, addresses, phone numbers websites or e-mails would be very much appreciated. (I not only want to see these magnificent structures from the outside, I want to film them on the inside.) Here is what I know so far:

1. Bordeaux - Open to the Public from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday. Unrestricted access around outside harbour.
2. La Pallice - Not open to the Public because inside of pens are considered unsafe. Access around outside of pen is unrestricted.
3. St. Nazaire - Can not find any info but wrote to tourism office
4. Lorient - French Navy uses Keroman 3, but Kerman II is open to the public and parts of Kerman I. Dombunker is in private hands, but access to the turntable is unrestricted.
5. Brest - Can only access Naval Base from 15 June to 15 September and must be an EU citizen. (This will be my biggest challenge.) No access is granted to Americans either inside or outside of the bunker. I am writing the American Embassy in France to see if they can help.
6. Farge - Now vacated by the German Military but access is denied.
7. Hamburg - Fink II - What little remains of Fink II is on the property of the Finkenwerder Airport used mostly by AirBus. Acess may be granted to the remains of the bunker by calling the Ferkenwerder Airport at +49 (0)40 74372228 and fax: +49 (0)40 74373783
8. Hamburg - Elbe II - Only submerged concrete southwest of the road Tollerortweg am Vulkannhafen remains but is accessible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Kevin M. Pearson
Wichita Falls, Texas

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Accessing Inside of U-Boat Bunkers In France/Germany Kevin M. Pearson 08/07/2008 02:28PM
Follow-Up - Accessing Inside of U-Boat Bunkers In France/Germany Kevin M. Pearson 08/07/2008 04:08PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.