General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
U-boat visor hat types question
Posted by: Ghostmooner ()
Date: February 05, 2010 11:47AM

info on this is really hard to search for so I thought I'd try for answeres here.

I am searching around the internet for a kriegsmarine Lt visor cap, and I seem to always come across two types, one with a blue wool top sewn on, with a white cotton removable top over that, or a satin or silk inner lining with a removable,(for the high end ones) white top over it. did the captains use both these types of hats? or is one of them historical incorect? did they wear the one with the wool during winter patrols and switched to the white cloth one during summer patrols? (this would mean I'd have to buy 2 hats now!) and what was the white removable top made of anyway? I saw one pic of a 'origional' hat, white top looked like it was made of some sort of fleese or fancy materal. Honestly, the more I look around, the more and more confused I get, I have almost have no idea any more whats' what. can anyone clarify any of this up for me?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-boat visor hat types question Ghostmooner 02/05/2010 11:47AM
Re: U-boat visor hat types question TERRY KELLER 02/08/2010 07:24PM
Re: U-boat visor hat types question Don Prince 02/09/2010 12:32AM
Re: U-boat visor hat types question torre 03/11/2010 06:28PM
Re: U-boat visor hat types question Don Prince 04/08/2010 04:09AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.