General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Keymont and Keyholt fates
Posted by: Eric Stone ()
Date: October 24, 2010 11:38PM

All,

I recently came across a passenger list of survivors repatriated to the US in July of 1942 aboard the SS George Washington.

The passenger list was comprised of regular passengers plus survivors from 17 odd vessels that had been sunk from March through June of 1942, primarily in the Caribbean, but also those latitudes of the Atlantic. All the survivors appear to have been collected in Trinidad.

I have been able to identify 15 of the 17, mainly through this fine site, but the last two are proving more difficult. These are the Keymont and the Keyholt. Nothing here on the allied losses section, or previous forum posts. Nothing in Moore or in Rohwer's 'Axis Submarine Successes'.

Possible they were not lost to enemy action, but does anyone have the circumstances surrounding the loss of either of these vessels?

Note: For a complete list of the 17 vessels, see my recent update on the 'Aftermath' page of my site.

Regards,

Eric Stone
www.ssarkansan.com

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Keymont and Keyholt fates Eric Stone 10/24/2010 11:38PM
Re: Keymont and Keyholt fates Rainer 10/25/2010 09:13AM
Re: Keymont and Keyholt fates Eric Stone 10/25/2010 12:52PM
Re: Keymont and Keyholt fates Rainer 10/25/2010 07:10PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.