General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
U-Boats in the Royal Navy - 1945 to 1947
Posted by: Derek Waller ()
Date: November 19, 2010 04:02PM

Dear All,

I am seeking detailed information about 6 of the U-Boats allocated to the UK in 1945 and then “operated” by the Royal Navy between 1945 and 1947.

They are: U-712, U-953, U-1108, U-1171, U-2348 and U-3017.

I know the circumstances of their allocation to the UK, and I know the details of their disposal after they were discarded by the Royal Navy. However it's the bit in-between where the details are missing.

I know that they were used "for trials, experiments, etc", but that's about all. Where, for instance, were they based? Was it at Lisahally or Gosport or somewhere else?

So, is there anyone, probably ex-Royal Navy, who knows what these 6 U-boats got up to, where they were based, and who crewed them, etc?

If anyone can remember, or alternatively, can possibly point me in the direction of any original source material, I really should be most grateful.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who can help - please.

Yours aye

Derek

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-Boats in the Royal Navy - 1945 to 1947 Derek Waller 11/19/2010 04:02PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.