General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
The Humber Estuary
Posted by: Mark Atkins ()
Date: December 10, 2000 11:51AM

<HTML>I was told that a shotgun I own, was handed over by a German officer, at the end of WWII, to the British officer conducting the surrender. It was apparently not included on the inventory of arms as the German officer would prefer that it went to a good home than have it destroyed. The British officer allegedly kept the 12 bore for many years and upon his death it was sold to a local gunsmith. This apparently took place at Brough, on the river Humber, in East Yorkshire. I have no idea if the story is true or not. Whilst I would like to believe it is true, I would find it a little easier to believe if I knew for certain, that a U-boat did in fact surrender to the british at Brough. If anyone can help me with this I would be grateful. The 12 bore is of little value, probably no more than £350, it`s history, if true would make it all the more sentimentally valuable! I can be e-mailed at r1mct@aol.com Many thanks in anticipation, Mark Atkins.</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
The Humber Estuary Mark Atkins 12/10/2000 11:51AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.