General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
U-505 Home Movie
Posted by: WX0C ()
Date: December 18, 2015 08:07PM

I thought I'd share a picture I found while viewing an old 8mm film roll that I found in my grandmother's basement. Apparently, some of the family visited Chicago in 1977 to see a King Tut exhibit. The film was rather mundane until something popped up that looked like the forward torpedo room of a submarine! I knew right away that it had to be U-505! I have footage of the forward torpedo room, radio room, captains' cabin, officers' bunks, electric motor room, after torpedo room, and a full length exterior pan of the pan of the boat (close up of the screws). I plan on getting it transferred to digital and will share it after it's complete. It's rather fortunate that I watched it because most people probably would have glossed over.

Note the FuMo 30 antenna. I haven't seen too many pictures with that unit installed.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-505 Home Movie WX0C 12/18/2015 08:07PM
Re: U-505 Home Movie WX0C 12/18/2015 08:08PM
Re: U-505 Home Movie barinasboy 12/19/2015 10:34AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.