General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Small-arms inventory of standard operational u-boat 1942/43
Posted by: ClintBarton ()
Date: July 23, 2018 09:36AM

Hello,

To kick things off I've got a pretty esoteric question: Can anyone tell me what the small-arms inventory of the standard operational u-boat was in 1942/43 in say a Type VII boat operating in the North Atlantic? This inventory would exclude the usual AA armament of 20mm cannon in single or multiple mounts or the less prevalent 13mm guns used on some boats, but would include pistols, rifles, submachine-guns, and light/multipurpose 7.92mm machine-guns (Mg 34 or Mg 42) presumably stored in the boat's armoury.
The usual u-boat sites that I've checked don't seem to have this topic covered (unless I've missed it); however, I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
[forum.axishistory.com]
Web animation quote

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Small-arms inventory of standard operational u-boat 1942/43 ClintBarton 07/23/2018 09:36AM
Re: Small-arms inventory of standard operational u-boat 1942/43 Urs Heßling 07/23/2018 06:41PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.