General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Merseyside Maritime Weekend
Posted by: Mule ()
Date: August 28, 2001 07:41AM

<HTML>For those still interested in visiting U-534 I have come across an trip organised by the Holiday Inn based as Ellesmere Port. I saw this advert in the September edition of Ships Monthly and thought it should be more widely circulated.

The weekend is from 21 - 23 September and costs £189. It includes a visit to the Albert Dock, Merseyside Martime Museum, a Mersey ferry cruise up the Manchester Ship Canal, a visit to the historic warships at Birkenhead (HMS Plymouth and HMS Onyx) and a guided tour of U-534. A tour of the Ellesmere Port Boat Museum is also included. If anyone is interested please telephone the Holiday Inn on 0151 356 8111 quoting reference number MW1. Apparently a non-refundable deposit of £25 per person is required at the time of booking.

I know it\'s a bit more expensive than simply visiting the U-boat itself but it sounds like a good weekend if you are thinking of travelling some distance. And of course it saves someone having to organise everything.</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Merseyside Maritime Weekend Mule 08/28/2001 07:41AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.