General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
I created video of the uboat.net patrol data.
Posted by: Alexei (link) ()
Date: February 08, 2021 05:47PM

Hey,

Just wanted to drop in and say thank you to this community for all of the amazing data and information provided on this site and wanted to provide back to this community. I am a game modder (create additional free content for games). I created a video of a live google earth view of the uboat patrol data provided from uboat.net and thought It would be good to share.

[youtu.be]

All of the data was sourced from uboat.net German Uboat patrol data, compiled into a Excel, then converted into a KML file. With a little video editing I added a date visual at the bottom of the video. I know it can be hard to see some of the lines on the map, youtube can be very unforgiving with compression, and wont allow the full uncompressed video to be uploaded at a higher quality.

--Note if this post is inappropriate for this forum then please remove. I hope this adds value to the community.

Again numerous thanks to the creator Guemunder Helgason and the team supporting this site. None of this would be possible without the amazing work done by them.

Regards,
Alexei (Link)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
I created video of the uboat.net patrol data. Alexei (link) 02/08/2021 05:47PM
Re: I created video of the uboat.net patrol data. Keith Budzynski 02/10/2021 07:43PM
Re: I created video of the uboat.net patrol data. Alexei (link) 02/12/2021 02:28PM
Re: I created video of the uboat.net patrol data. Maximus 03/09/2021 05:59PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.