General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
U Boat Spurn Point
Posted by: Derek Thom ()
Date: September 30, 2023 08:45PM

Hi,
My late father was in the Lincolnshire Regiment for most of WW2 training soldiers to drive bren gun carriers and later M10 tank destroyers. He once told me that when he was on guard duty very late one evening in 1941 a U Boat Captain was brought into the guardroom. His Uboat had "run aground" near Sprun Head. He ended up being taken to the Officers Mess first before leaving for presumably a POW camp.

I have NEVER found any evidennce to back the story up. MY father was quite definfite about the encounter and I have no reason to question his account. I have often wondered whether it MIGHT have been the source of an enigma machine without the code book of course ref 1942 and U-559.

Does anyone have any idea how I might be able to advance my search for any confirmatory information ?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U Boat Spurn Point Derek Thom 09/30/2023 08:45PM
Re: U Boat Spurn Point ARANTALES 10/03/2023 11:28AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.