General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Building a 1/16 scale radio/radar and officers room of a VIIC U-boat.
Posted by: KaleunVIIC ()
Date: April 30, 2024 05:43PM

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me what kind of floors were used inside a VIIC U-boat, the quarters where the officers and NCOs stayed?
But also the radar and radio rooms.

I'm working on a 1/16 scale inside of an U-boat.
I purchased the radio and radar room as well as the officer's tables and beds through Shapeways.
I also had and purchased the dividing wall between the command room and the radio/radar room, with all meters and turning wheels and the round watertight closing door.

I have seen in photos and in the film Das Boot that the floors inside are made of some kind of aluminum or metal. Is that correct or were the floors made of wood like a deck on a sailing ship?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Building a 1/16 scale radio/radar and officers room of a VIIC U-boat. KaleunVIIC 04/30/2024 05:43PM
Re: Building a 1/16 scale radio/radar and officers room of a VIIC U-boat. Scott Sorenson 05/01/2024 12:27AM
Re: Building a 1/16 scale radio/radar and officers room of a VIIC U-boat. KaleunVIIC 05/01/2024 06:21AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.