General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
The effects of U-boats in alliances
Posted by: Bryce Chu ()
Date: December 12, 2000 12:07PM

<HTML>Hi, I\'m a senior at Taipei American School and I\'m working on a project for my IB History class.

My topic of research is specifically how did the Germans and Japanese use their U-boats or subs to transfer information or supplies after approximately 1942 (the general time of Midway and the turning tide of the war).

If anyone could suggest any online sources that I could look at it would be very helpful (I need to give MLA citations to all the sources that I use, so references become very important to me).

Any general information that you would be willing to share with me is always helpful.

A related question: The Japanese virtually lost control of the Pacific after the Battle of Midway but when and how did the German U-boats lose their dominance in the Atlantic?

Again, information that can be linked with a definite source is great but any general knowledge is good.

Thanks.

Bryce</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
The effects of U-boats in alliances Bryce Chu 12/12/2000 12:07PM
RE: check the Monsun section of this site AL Wellman 12/12/2000 07:39PM
RE: more references AL Wellman 12/13/2000 12:57AM
RE: The effects of U-boats in alliances Don Baker 12/13/2000 08:12PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.