General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Back from Vacation on The Outer Banks
Posted by: Frank Blazich ()
Date: June 16, 2001 10:53AM

<HTML>Howdy everyone,
I just got back from vacation yesterday afternoon. I mention this on the forums for I vacation in Southern Shores, North Carolina, up the road from several U-boat wrecks. I even went wreck fishing off the U-85, which was interesting to say the least. Something of unique note: The boat that my family goes fishing on is berthed next to a dive boat which has been excavating the U-85. I gave the mate of this fishing boat a copy of the NOVA program \"Hitler\'s Lost Sub,\" and he in turn gave me three artifacts from the U-85: A small piece of wood from a locker (smells of Diesel fuel), the bottom of a Perrier mineral water bottle, and a small fragment of a porcelain switch or fuse. The divers gave the mate (who is just entering high school) some of the smaller things that they brought up. </HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Back from Vacation on The Outer Banks Frank Blazich 06/16/2001 10:53AM
RE: Back from Vacation on The Outer Banks Mike McCarthy 06/16/2001 01:11PM
RE: Back from Vacation on The Outer Banks Oliver 06/22/2001 10:32PM
RE: Back from Vacation on The Outer Banks Mike McCarthy 06/27/2001 07:59PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.