Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
HAs anyone read the book that opposes..
Posted by: Kris ()
Date: February 13, 2001 01:44AM

<HTML>Hello Submariners

I was wondering if anyone has seen or read of accounts from the book which called \"Nein, das war gar nichts(No! It certainly was not that way)\" by Karl Friedrich Mertens and Baberg (Both U-Boat commanders, which as it happens is an anti Das Boot view of sub warfare in the atlantic. Especially Mertens who is a Knights crosser). It severely criticizes the (from the little i read from Clay Blairs\' book Hitler\'s U-Boat war) view of the submariners and warfare that Bucheims\' book Das Boot professes. I think the main thrust of this other book was to criticize the orgies that never took place (The begining scene at Lorient) and the openly hostile attitude towards Adm. Doenitz, who was the one person who was responsible for the the fearful wolfpack tactics that the U-boats employed in the atlantic. It also takes to task some of the comments that Bucheim seems to have made in other books that these chaps don\'t like at all.

Regards
Kris</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
HAs anyone read the book that opposes.. Kris 02/13/2001 01:44AM
RE: HAs anyone read the book that opposes.. David W 02/13/2001 03:09AM
RE: HAs anyone read the book that opposes.. Kris 02/13/2001 02:32PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.