Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
RE: U-571...?
Posted by: Kris ()
Date: March 09, 2001 12:24AM

<HTML>Hi Park

Why bother about U571 when Das Boot(The Boat) is the perfect choice. I think there is an dubbed english version of the movie as well. How do you mean cuturally correct. Do you mean historically accurate and politically correct? However, I think other than this the movie Run Silent Run Deep is also good. It focusses both sides focussing on the job and less on the dramatics (such as bad mouthing one another). Another American film of John Wayne\'s called Operation Pacific is also not so bad technically but has some background hollywood American romance and forties style tough guy stuff happenning. Discount all of that baloney and you have a pretty good flick. But you said U-Boats. This ain\'t it. Finally Das Boot is the #1 and Run silent is #2 (in my humble opinion).

Kris</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-571...? E.H. Park 03/07/2001 08:41PM
RE: U-571...? George Roumbos 03/07/2001 09:58PM
RE: U-571...? Antonio Veiga 03/07/2001 10:32PM
RE: U-571...? Kris 03/09/2001 12:24AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.