Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
Nutty Films
Posted by: Clark ()
Date: July 12, 2001 10:25PM

<HTML>If you want to see a wacky film that concerns the U-boat service, rent \"The Land that Time Forgot\". I would not recomend it for deep insight into human character. But there are some goofy scenes that I would pay $7.00 to see.

A german crew member machine guns a sea monster and then cooks it up for dinner.

Some of the heros are threatend by two dinasaurs. But the two dinasaurs are dispatched by the U-boat\'s deck gun.

The Captain talks with such scientific gobbly gook that he would make Captain Picard proud.

On that note, I will say that it does treat the Germans with a hell of a lot more respect than other recent Hollywood films (which will remain nameless). For example, when the U-boat tries to dock with a resupply ship to get food and fuel, the British prisoners blow it up. The Germans\' reaction? They are AMAZINGLY cool about it. They treat it like the Brits broke a piece of equipment.

The only thing I will say about the special effects is that you would be surprised that this film preceeds \'Star Wars\' by two years.

Have fun.

Clark</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Horror movie walter M 07/12/2001 07:41PM
Nutty Films Clark 07/12/2001 10:25PM
RE: Nutty Films walter M 07/12/2001 10:47PM
RE: Nutty Films James 08/18/2001 08:30PM
RE: Nutty Films walter M 08/19/2001 07:53PM
RE: Horror movie walter M 07/12/2001 10:42PM
RE: Horror movie Vin 07/14/2001 09:15AM
RE: Horror movie walter M 07/14/2001 03:05PM
RE: Horror movie I Stapley 08/14/2001 10:24AM
RE: Nutty Films I Stapley 09/04/2001 02:19PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.