Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
The Trench
Posted by: I Stapley ()
Date: March 14, 2002 03:38PM

<HTML>Starting Friday 15 March, 2002 on BBC2 is a series where modern day people attempt to re create life in the trenches c1914-18.

Authenticity will be adhered to up to a point, no one will actually be killed and left to decompose, though apparently lice are to be introduced at some stage.

The problem to my mind is that it could be said to cheapen the achievements of those who fought over 80 yrs ago by coming over as a bit Big Brother in its production. (As the film crew are not permitted to actually kill any of the participants, the volunteers will be randomly removed as the series progresses). It is possible that people will be required to vote on who stays or who goes.

If it is anything like the disastrous Surviving the Iron Age (where it was blatantly obvious that none of them would have) then the only purpose it will have served will be to have reduced one of the most appalling episodes in recent history to that of cheap entertainment.</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
The Trench I Stapley 03/14/2002 03:38PM
Re: The Trench Johannes 03/18/2002 06:23PM
Re: The Trench I Stapley 04/02/2002 06:25AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.