Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
On the Beach
Posted by: Clark ()
Date: March 27, 2002 05:05AM

<HTML>I know this isn't a U-boat film.

But I recently saw it and its remake by Showtime. The topic about a submarine that survives nuclear war was very earie. Even though both films were about broader themes, such as what would you do if you knew the end was coming, their only exciting part was when the submarine adventure came in to play.

I liked seeing the scene were a crewman talks to the captain through the periscope and the wierd seen involving the Coke bottle (for any of you guys who havent seen the Showtime version, I will only say that they came up with a clever twist). For those of you out there who have not seen it I recomend both versions.

As for you people that have I would like to ask, what was your reaction to it? Is it a time capsule for the cold war 50 and 60's? Is it a good warning for events happening today? Is it dated? And does Gregory Peck make a good submarine commander?</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
On the Beach Clark 03/27/2002 05:05AM
Re: OT : On the Beach james 05/26/2002 10:49PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.