Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
Re: new movie
Posted by: Rob ()
Date: October 31, 2002 11:08PM

<HTML> I actually quite liked it... I can't speak to the authenticity of movie, but it looked like it got a lot right. And I enjoyed trying to figure out if the crew were going crazy or if they were experiencing something real. An argument could be made for either case even after the movie is over, which I thought was cool.

It's a psychological horror movie -- there's no creature. A good part of the movie is spent figuring out if the strange things the crew are experiencing are coincidences, sabotage, the result of a rapidly deteriorating oxygen supply... or a curse on the sub. In spite of the supernatural subject matter the story plays out very realistically with rational people trying to explain irrational happenings.

I would recommend it -- the first half at least will probably make any WWII sub enthusiast happy. The second part takes place firmly in the Twilight Zone, so if that's not your thing you may want to pass it by.

You can catch the trailer at Apple:
[www.apple.com]

Rob</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
new movie tim 10/31/2002 03:48PM
Re: new movie Pat Davis 10/31/2002 05:16PM
Re: new movie Rob 10/31/2002 11:08PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.