Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
U-Boat-War, ITN 1997
Posted by: Volker Erich Kummrow ()
Date: November 06, 2002 12:50PM

<HTML>Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I found recently in a German bookshop a three part documentary on video, titled in German Der U-Boot-Krieg, produced by a Mr. Turner from ITN for discovery-channel in 1997. Each part, ca. 50 min., concentrates on one topic, like the beginning til the US entering WWII officially in Dec. 1941, followed by the German uboat-attack on the US-eastcost in 1942 and ends with German uboats getting lost by the hundreds and the end of WWII.

Again as a German it was fascinating for to watch how very objectively the British producer gave every side ample time to tell their side of the story, be that on the German part Kreschtmer, Topp, Koenig et.al. and their respective counterparts on the English and US-sides, plus of course very mowing as my mother in partI was shown "smutching" one of the returning German skippers.

What I'm just wondering about is, if that series of ITN is any match for Battle of the Atlantic by BBC, of which I was able to see one part only, the middel one explaining the different tactics by computer annimation. Maybe one of our friends across the Channel or the Atlantic has seen both and might be willing to help me out.

Thank you very much
Volker Erich Kummrow</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-Boat-War, ITN 1997 Volker Erich Kummrow 11/06/2002 12:50PM
Re: U-Boat-War, ITN 1997 Io Chrysafidou 11/15/2002 08:27PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.