Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
Those in Peril
Posted by: Daniel O' Hanlon ()
Date: March 15, 2003 11:31PM

<HTML>I have just finished reading a book called "Those in Peril" by James Follett its about a daring rescue in the south atlantic. It says clearly on the back cover
"Those in peril is a gripping REAL LIFE STORY" although i can't find any info on it the details is that Kapitanleutnant Ernst Kessler commander of U-395 made this rescue they had ran out of diesel in the south atlantic and ended up towing life rafts all the way to lorient they stole diesel from a mail ship from wich the survivers that were in tow came from...well this isnt realy important. what is important is that U-395 was never commisoned according to U boat.net and that Ernst kessler doesnt exist but it said on the back cover it was a real life story. Can anyone help me with this. Could it be that u boat numbers and people's names were changed or is the book lying?

any help would be appreciated.</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Those in Peril Daniel O' Hanlon 03/15/2003 11:31PM
Re: Those in Peril Daniel O\' Hanlon 03/16/2003 12:00AM
Re: Those in Peril hubertus 03/16/2003 06:43AM
Re: Those in Peril Volker Erich Kummrow 03/16/2003 01:13PM
Re: Those in Peril Io Chrysafidou 03/16/2003 05:26PM
Re: Those in Peril David Kennedy 03/30/2003 08:47AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.