Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
"Playing with the Enemy"
Posted by: Wes Harris ()
Date: August 02, 2008 08:53PM

A major Hollywood motion picture will start filming late this summer on the U-505 crew's internment at Camp Ruston, Louisiana.

The film is actually about Gene Moore, a young baseball prodigy drafted by the Brooklyn Dodgers whose career was interrupted by Pearl Harbor and WWII. He ended up on a Navy baseball team entertaining the troops prior to D-Day. Once the European battles started in earnest, the team was sent back to the U.S. They happened to be available to serve as guards for the U-505 crew on its journey from Norfolk to Camp Ruston. While at Camp Ruston, Moore taught some of the U-boat crew to play baseball and that's what the bulk of the movie is about.

For more information, see my friend Gary Moore's website on his book: www.playingwiththeenemy.com

The movie will have BIG stars in it. I can post the names once the official announcement is made. It is produced by Gerald R. Molen, who did Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, Rain Main and others.

I am researching a book on the U-505's time at Camp Ruston so any info or ideas are appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
"Playing with the Enemy" Wes Harris 08/02/2008 08:53PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.