Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
RE: Accurate Armours u-boote VIIC
Posted by: Jimmy Tinel ()
Date: June 25, 2000 07:03AM

# the accurate armour kit is made for static display only ( it is a waterline based model)
# the biggest parts are made of resin ( there are some airbubles small ones, in the big detail of the romp but generally very good quality), the 20mm gun and some fo the details of the turret are made of white metal, you had to make the railings by yourselfs from copperwire ( provided with the kit ) so thus you had to solder , there is a small fret of PE material and the decal sheets and the flag sheets.
# for the detail it looks good on the first fiew but i dont know much of u-bootes so i start collecting books and references material about the VII c u-bootes for this modelling job. generally spoken the accurate armour detail and accuracy is very good ( i am talking about the accuracy of there armour models since i mostly build that ).
# so for scratchbuilding i dont know since i dont have much references but i let you know when the first books are arriving but you had to build a base for yourself to display it on. accurate armour sell a quayside seperatly and also torpedo's seperatly.
# the actuall size is BIG!!! 188 cm long and on the biggest point of width ( around the tower it is 16,5 cm
# the kit is also expensif ( hehe you guessed that already i bet ) some 550 euro
# the maker is accurate armour ( you guessed that also already by now ) from scotland and they have a web adress : www.accurate-armour.com; you choose there products and then 15th scalemodels; submarines and rockets then you see the submarines.
I bought my kit from a modelshop in austria they have also a webadress namely www.modellbaustube.com, the owner is also a modeler and build this kit already

i hope this helps and if not please ask more.

Jimmy Tinel
Belgium

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Accurate Armours u-boote VIIC Jimmy Tinel 06/24/2000 06:13AM
RE: Accurate Armours u-boote VIIC Woody Cullum 06/24/2000 11:39PM
RE: Accurate Armours u-boote VIIC Jimmy Tinel 06/25/2000 07:03AM
RE: Accurate Armours u-boote VIIC Woody Cullum 06/27/2000 08:45PM
RE: Accurate Armours u-boote VIIC Rainer Bruns 06/27/2000 09:08PM
RE: Accurate Armours u-boote VIIC Jimmy Tinel 06/28/2000 01:27PM
RE: Accurate Armours u-boote VIIC Schiffskanoe 06/29/2000 01:21AM
RE: Accurate Armours u-boote VIIC Shiffskanoe 07/04/2000 03:26AM
RE: Accurate Armours u-boote VIIC Lorenz 06/29/2000 07:02AM
RE: thx for all the reaktions jimmy tinel 07/04/2000 06:05AM
RE: thx for all the reaktions Gordon Williamson 07/16/2000 01:40PM
RE: thx for all the reaktions Jimmy Tinel 07/17/2000 05:46PM
RE: thx for all the reaktions Gordon Williamson 07/18/2000 04:39PM
RE: thx for all the reaktions Jimmy Tinel 07/19/2000 03:03PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.